Opening hours and tickets
You can buy tickets on site or in advance from the online SMA Shop.
25 € adult
10 € child (4-11 yrs)
60 € family (2 adults + 2 children)
0-3 yrs. free of charge.
Student card, Seikkailijattaret card: -10 % when showing a card.
Admission ticket includes: Lichen for feeding the reindeer, campfire coffee and stick bun grilling over an open fire in the Lappish Tepee. The staff will tell you about our reindeer. Souvenir shop is open.
You can buy campfire sausages and drinks on site, as well as a mining pass for € 25, which entitles you to dig for one raw amethyst in the Reindeer Park's mining shelter.
MINING PASS: à 25 € + entrance fee during a private visit or during general opening hours according to the price list. Entitles the digging of one raw amethist. The stone comes with a certificate of authenticity. Available from spring to autumn time.
PRIVATE VISIT: Private visit is possible to book at other times. Please make your booking at least one day before by phone or by e-mail. +358 9 595550 / info@NuuksioReindeerPark.fi
Miminum price of a private visit: 150 € / 1-4 persons.
Additional persons: à 30 €.
Duration: 1 hour.
Private visit includes: Lichen for feeding the reindeer and services of our guide. You can enjoy your own snack over an open fire in the Lappish teepee.
GROUP BOOKINGS: Please ask availability by e-mail: info@NuuksioReindeerPark.fi
ADDRESS: Nuuksio Reindeer Park, Nuuksiontie 83, Espoo. About 30 min by car from Helsinki city center, about 1 hour by public transport. Digging is possible during molten earth.
You need a ABC-zone ticket from Helsinki to Nuuksio (Espoo). HSL timetables and routes: https://www.hsl.fi/en/timetables-and-routes
Commuter trains: U, L, E from Helsinki Railway Station to Espoo (8 stops/25 min)
* + bus no 245 from Espoo to Nuuksio (the bus stop is right next to the train tracks). Note that buses do not run as often as commuter trains.
* Get off the bus at PUNJONSUO bus stop (27 stops/23 min) which is two stops after the Finnish Nature Centre Haltia (big brown wooden building on the left).
* Walk a little bit forward and turn right after the crosswalk.
* Sign Karhunpesä and a big reindeer advertisement.
* Walk up to the yard and the fenced reindeer area is on the right. Ticket sale in front of the teepee.
PARKING SPACE: There is limited parking space at the Reindeer Park, larger public parking place is in front of the Finnish Nature Centre Haltia. You can also leave your car in the Safarihouse yard, address: Nuuksiontie 77, about 300 m before the reindeer park.
Nature trail to Reindeer Park:
* Walk along the orange marked nature trail from Haltia towards Haukkalampi.
* Turn right when you come to Nuuksiontie and turn again right and walk up to the reindeer park.
* Length of the nature trail from Haltia to Reindeer Park is about 1,5 km, walking along Nuuksiontie about 1 km.
Access to the reindeer park from the parking area is along duckboards which leads to the terrace where you can feed the reindeer (about 50 m). There are few steps on the way so please let us know in advance about the handicap so we will try our best to help you. Dogs are not allowed to enter to Reindeer Park.
Please note! The Reindeer Park, parking space and Karhunpesä log cottage are private owned area. We appreciate your respect to our privacy at all other times when you haven't made any booking or we are not open for public. Along the marked nature trails in Nuuksio National park you can always walk freely.
COVID-19: We follow all the guidlines provided by the authorities. We pay special attention to the high level of cleaning our premises and disinfecting all the contact surfaces. We also pay attention to safe distancies between our visitors. There is plenty of space outdoors in nature so it's safe place to come during these times. However, if you recognize any symptoms of flu in yourself, please stay home. By doing this, you take into account other people's safety and well-being.